Logitech Mouseware driver for XP 64bit surely it exists ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DBenz, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DBenz

DBenz Private First Class

Hi,
    I run a logitech mouse with their Mouseware driver , as do hundreds of thousands. (I use 9.7)
    I am with XP 32 bit but need to use my XP 64bit OS side of my dual boot PC.

Boot into 64bit, never used it before, find Mouse very slow, I know that symptom, Microsoft driver in use..and yes thats the case.

I install Mouseware 9.7 and reboot, but Microsoft still in use. Whats happened ?

I reckon its not seen by 64bit.
    I google for the Mouseware 64bit driver and hit a brick wall. Struggling to find 64bit for Logitech.

Now this cant be, can it ?

Logitech mice do get used with 64bit so where is Mouseware 64bit ?

I download a driver called Mouseware 9.8 Windows all, install it and message says cant do so.

So where is a working Mouseware 64bit driver for Logitech rodents ?

Maybe I will wake from this dream/nightmare.

DBenz

2. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

I own a number of Logitech mice and it has always been plug and play both on 32bit and current 64 bit - no problems.

Did you check in Device Mgr and see if there are any yellow marks?

Right click on Properties and try to update.

If that doesn't help, I would suspect the mouse has died.

3. DBenz

DBenz Private First Class

Hi,
    Mouse is fine, I am using it fine in xp 32bit, it moves the cursor across screen in xp 64bit, its just bloody slow in 64bit, another user makes the same comments. he also has it set fast yet msoft driver, the plug and play one, kills the speed right off. Msoft started this issue when win2k came out. they admitted their fault to me and said they would contact USA HQ to fix it but never did, so I wont be surprised if Win7 still gives me a steppy action when speed slider set faster, the enhance pointer precision tickbox simply slows the cursor right down to the middle setting, its a copout and nightmare for those of us doing graphics.

Logitech dropped mouseware functionality under 64bit, just never made sure mouseware mice worked under 64bit. Why do that to us ?

That is not on !

I used the supposed alternative, Setpoint, but it isnt designed for mouseware mice. Logitech have effectively killed us mouseware mouse users off with this move.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-...re-alternative-for-64-bit-Windows/td-p/287426 is also suffering same issues, we cannot get the speed anymore, 32bit fine, 64bit crap, ALL THANKS TO LOGITECH... KILLS USE OF MOUSE FOR CAD, GRAPHICS AND THE LIKE.

My nightmare happens all over again, last time I hunted for months for such, simply couldnt draw with the mouse or move items across screen, need to find yet again a 115mm long mouse, simple design two button and wheel, quality mouse that moves pointer across entire screen when using just 2inch of mousemat for a 1920pixel screen 24 inch, or 1.5inch for a 19inch 1024x768. start at edge of screen and count 5 secs and get to right hand side, under 64 bit I have had to move the mouse now 8 inches, under 32bit only 2 inches.

Anyone got a quality mouse make that fits that test, 5 secs left to right sees 1.5inch of mousemat used and cursor able to draw non steppy lines ? Moves really smoothly ?
    Else my graphics CAD work is sunk and another massive mouse hunt begins.

Thank you logitech !:cry :mad

DBenz

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds