Logitech Orbit AF Strange Behavior

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gbernier, May 18, 2011.

1. gbernier

gbernier Private E-2

I cannot get my Logitech Orbit AF to behave correctly. It will not find the home position and simply continues to index to the right each time the computer starts or the 'home' button is clicked - it does this until it reaches the limit. Then it will move slightly left and then back right to the limit. The camera and microphone work fine. The camera position can be manually controlled with the software. (I can move it back into position using the manual controls). Mechanically rotating it to home position doesn't help. It just progressively move right again if the computer is restarted. I have reloaded the software a number of times and I have gone online to Logitech to download the latest drives. No help.

I recently build a new computer based on an Asus M4A79XTD mobo and a AMD Phenom II X4 cpu. It's running Win7 Ultimate 64. Everything seems to be working great except the webcam. I recently retired my older version Orbit because it was not compatible with W7 - that was on my previous machine running W7 32.

The Orbit AF is supposed to be W7 compatible and has a designated W7 driver from Logitech which is installed. This is not critical, but it highly annoying. Any thoughts?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds