Logitech Wireless Mouse screws up my USB audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by essaryj, Mar 29, 2011.

1. essaryj

essaryj Private E-2

I am using a Line6 Toneport KB37 for my audio/recording. When I plug the nano receiver for my Logitech wireless mouse into the USB port all my audio goes haywire. I assume this is a driver issue?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome :)

It could be an radio interference issue, what happens when you move the mouse further away or to the other side of the keyboard - or closer?

How does the Line6 Toneport KB37 hook up? Is there any way you could move it, too - just to troubleshoot?

If not, can you try to describe what's happening, when it happens, what kind of effects its having?

3. essaryj

essaryj Private E-2

The problem occurs without the mouse being turned on. It happens the instant that the receiver is installed.

The KB37 is a USB Audio Interface. I could move it to a different USB port, but would that make a difference?

The best way I can describe exactly what happens is this. I play a song in windows media, iTunes, etc (or even system sounds) and then plug in the receiver for the wireless mouse. As soon as windows installs the driver the sound gets incredibly distorted. It is so bad that you can't tell what the original sound would have been. Everything sounds the same. Everything seems to be working fine. The meters on the KB37 seem to display what the sound should be, not what the sound is. All this makes me think it is a conflict of the drivers and or IRQ. I don't think it could be IRQ, especially since it happens every single time I plug in the receiver. I had it working for a while. I just plugged the receiver into a different USB port, but it didn't last very long. I don't know what could have changed to make it work, and then not work again.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

A few other things you could try to help narrow it down; if you have a USB extension cable, connect the receiver to it to distance it from the computer; if it's a desktop/tower with USB ports front and rear, connect one to the front and the other to the back; install both to another computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds