Long Gone Programs Still on Add or Remove List

Discussion in 'Software' started by Barz51, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Barz51

Barz51 Private E-2

Hello All,
    I have a few old programs on listed on the Add or Remove list that are no longer on my PC. The Change/Remove button is there but when I try it I get the message in the screen shot below. It is really not a performance issue but it is just annoying and I'd really like to take care of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Barz

[​IMG]

2. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Not knowing the original poster's level of expertise on the registry, might be prudent to suggest they make a backup of the registry before they go diving in there. :)

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

You could try reinstalling the program that is giving you trouble, then use Absolute Uninstaller to remove it. Removes all references, even from the Registry.

4. Barz51

Barz51 Private E-2

Thanks for the advice guys. The programs, disks and all, are gone. I think I can handle the registry work with a little advice. Go ahead, lead me on!

5. oma

oma MajorGeek

Before starting to mess with the registry :eek try Revo Uninstaller. http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html
    According to their website http://www.revouninstaller.com/ it does this as well:
    Select the Advanced option and be very careful in deleting only the bolded registry items. This software will take a snapshot prior to deleting, so it's worth a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds