Long list o' problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by MikelRiley, Dec 9, 2007.

1. MikelRiley

MikelRiley Private E-2

I've had a few problems lately. Here's the low-down: (windows xp)

1. I can't find anything to re-activate system restore

2. My taskbar is gone. It was here yesterday for a little bit but it wouldn't work

3. My windows installer is screwed up so I can't update my java runtime to correct some earlier problems.

4. A bunch of IDE channels keep trying to install.

5. When I try to install some things, I get the message "the administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

6. I can't move icons on my desktop, and I've checked the lock icons and such.

7. I can't edit any user profiles through control panel.

I've done every spyware, antivirus, registry check that was asked in the malware removal forum. I think I've gotten rid of the virus that has wreaked havoc, but I'm still trying to get my computer back to normal. Please help!

2. MikelRiley

MikelRiley Private E-2

Oh one more thing, I can't copy and paste files anymore. Really sucks when you're trying to back up stuff

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Barring problem number 3, do these things persist in Safe Mode and a new profile?

4. MikelRiley

MikelRiley Private E-2

It's all the same no matter the profile (mine, my wife's or the "administrator") or whether it's in safe mode or not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds