Looking for a free OCR software!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by rogvalcox, Feb 21, 2006.

1. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

I could have sworn that you could get an older version of "readIRIS" for free, but I guess maybe I was smoking something a little too good that day!!

Anyway...I was wondering if there was a similar downloadable program that was free?? Just to make sure I am talking about the correct thing here...I want to scan a document, and then it converts it into word format so I can edit the text and/or whatever, without having to type the whole thing myself!!

Roger

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

One option I hope Roger,

http://www.simpleocr.com/ scans and converts to text and allows you to save as a Word Doc but does loose formatting.

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Thanks Halo!! It looks like it is just what I needed!!

I apologize for accidentally putting this in the "Lounge"!! I was so tired yesterday...I didn't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground!!!!

Roger

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No probs Roger, glad that app may do what you want ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds