looking for a good email client

Discussion in 'Software' started by Greyhound, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

I am looking for the best free email client. Have tried gmail, hotmail, and a couple of others even mozilla? can't even think of its name right off hand. I am thinking about changing from MS Office Pro 7 as I don't like the new ribbon bar, I like the older style better. Anyway to one of the free offices but they don't have an email client in them. Any suggestions. The one from mozilla, I could never get to work right for some reason.

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

After years of using and hating mail clients, I have finally settled on Web based mail as my method of sending and receiving mail. I never have to worry about mail getting corrupted or lost, etc...

That said, my favorite web based email remains Yahoo mail.

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

I find that Gmail works just fine and is better at getting rid of the spam.

4. cesarvh

cesarvh Private E-2

are you looking for an online client? or just some software to install on your computer and download your mails?

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

If it's really a client you want, as opposed to something online like gmail, then I would say revisit Mozilla Thunderbird. If you have any problems with it I'm quite sure we can sort them out here.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

7. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

was looking for online but either one would do fine if it works good.

8. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Used Gmail for a long time and did like it, but don't remember what but something happened to change my mind.

9. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Never did like Yahoo, but thanks anyway.

10. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Whatever web-based email you decide on, make sure that you have a strong password, and that you enable all recovery options.

Having a web-base email account hacked can be a real pain! Not only for you, but all your contacts in the address book who will get spam/scam messages from "you".

11. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

12. BearPup

BearPup Private E-2

I'll put my vote in for Mozilla's Thunderbird. Its fast, completely customizable, and of course, free. I've been using it for years and haven't had any problems with it. But if you do have problems, we can work on them here or at the Mozilla site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds