Looking for a racing game

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nickompoop, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Nickompoop

Nickompoop Private E-2

I've been looking for a street racing game with super realistic damage for the PC. And I've had no luck whatsoever. So maybe you guys could help me out. Computer requirements are not an issue, neither is price.

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

The closest thing to real racing is not available on pc unfortunately, but there are some goods ones to try, they vary from sim to arcade, most sims don't do much in the way of damage but Need For Speeds are pretty good but arcady, Test Drive Unlimited is a good semi sim type of deal, played Dirt 2 a few weeks ago and it's a good rally game but lacks options, also looking into Split Second which is total destruction arcade over the top racing, might be a laugh. Right not I can't think of anything that lives up to Gran Turismo's realism.
    The newer Need For speeds have moved away from arcade to sim but IMHO seem to have got caught midway, I didn't like them but they have proved popular.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I'm not sure how realistic it is, but it's getting fairly good reviews.... Blur

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

May wish to have a look at this one Race07

5. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

LFS (Live for speed) is where its at ;)

6. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Recently played Split Second, while this is 100% arcade racer, it is worth a look.
    Done in a different style to most, the premis is a Reality TV show called Splt second.... the game is you racing other drivers and triggering/avoiding massive explosions.
    Think Wipe Out with cars and instead of bullets and rockets you have timed explosions on a Stunt built track. You get blown off the road by an exploding fuel truck and respawn.
    Last to cross the line loses, there are several different race types including plain old 1st to finish wins, elimination where the last place car at the timer run out is eliminated until only 1 remains, along with a few others, pretty original concept with good gameplay and really gets your blood pumping.
    It's not without it's flaws, sometimes it seems that at one point you pass every car with relative ease only for them to blow past you on a small mistake, the handling can vary a bit, you fill a metre by drifting, once the metre is 1/3,2/3 or full you can unleash carnage..... but sometimes it can be tricky to get a drift going and other times it's tricky just to get traction.

All in all it's a fun game, extremly fast paced and all out carnage and destruction is had by all.
    If you want realism.... this is NOT the game for you..... if you want Die Hard style explosive racing... check this out.

7. olanor

olanor Private E-2

Try

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage (good physic and damage but this is not driving realistic game, just crazy-arcade game)

;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds