looking for a software for stocks inventory

Discussion in 'Software' started by infoseeker, May 13, 2007.

1. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

the inventory aspect is my main area of concern.

user friendly
    its also ok if it is excel extension program

thank in advance

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

What are you trying to achieve?
    Valuing Inventory, controlling Inventory, or Inventory Analysis, or all?

Google link for Inventory Control
    http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

Google link for Inventory Analysis.
    http://www.google.com/search?num=20...=+"inventory+analysis"&btnG=Search&lr=lang_en

I have had over 30 years experience in Inventory Control, ordering, and Analysis in 5 multi million dollar businesses (4 mining) and (1 whitegoods) in 3 different countries.

I have used Excel extensively to analyse Inventories up to USD$12,000,000 and from 4,000 to 30,000 line items.

Maybe I can help if I know what you are trying to do. Bazza

===

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

There's also the question of restocking, do you want use Material Requirement Planning using a bill of materials or forecasting tools, ABC analysis or just a straight inventory of the # of widgets you have in stock.

4. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

bazaa: for a software for stocks inventory

as usual bazaa in the shining :p

Thanks a lot, let say im working in a very small company (usd$60,000 rolleyes comparing yours is millions) around 200-400 items:(
    1 store w/ office and distributing in retailers (12-15 retailers)

im using also excel but lets say every item has 1 file (.xls) so meaning updating them is really work opening one by one
    deliver on this date
    sold on this date
    balance

hope this info can help

5. bigbazza

Re: bazaa: for a software for stocks inventory

Thanks for the compliment.:)

As you no doubt realise, 1 Excel spreadsheet, would be a lot better than 200-400 individual spreadsheets.;)

Maybe you can copy and paste (Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V), the data from individual sheets into one Master sheet, providing the layout (cells) are all the same names and sequence (left to right), of headings.

Make sure you backup all your individual sheets (twice to separate mediums) before you start. Twice, for additional safety.:D

@Excel gurus@

Not a real expert answer from me.
    Help needed.
    Export and Import?, rather than copy and paste?
    All help welcome. I'm sure.:major

Bazza

===

6. bigbazza

I've just found something else that might help.
    Quite often when I have a problem I am trying to solve, I trawl through my old PC mags.

I came across Manifest in PCUtilities, edn #84, p55. Really simple to use. FREE !!

Manifest 3.1 prints product lists with images
    http://www.b2ltd.com/databaseplace/manifest3install.exe
    http://www.forumturka.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-61407.html

It is primarily designed for sales items (especially cars) that have a price and an ID associated with them, but can be customized for use with most other sales items or collections.

You can add a long description to each item, as well as an advert text and an itemized list.

Use it for anything. Stamp,coin, Vinyl, CD, DVD collections, etc. Record your stuff for insurance purposes. Illustrate Inventory items for anyone knowing a part number, etc.

Really versatile. "Only limited by your imagination". :p
    Yuk, I hate that saying, but true in this case.
    Hope it stirs up the grey matter in your brain.

I'm going to use it for my collection of lots of different stuff.

Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds