Looking for a system monitor app....

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Sep 3, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I need a system monitoring app that will record system temps and voltages and save this info to a log file in real time. I'm dealing with a PC here that runs prefectly, except for the fact that it randomly restarts. There's nothing in the Event Viewer that offers any clues, and I've already checked the system temps, so I think it may be a voltage thing. I think that either the mobo or PSU is initiating a large voltage (or amperage) drop which causes a system reboot. So I need something that will record an active log file so I can look at it after a reboot to see what's happened to the voltage right before the reboot- hopefully.

Thanks.

(I've already tried HWmonitor but it doesn't write an active log file)

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi dlb, is that a Vista OS by any chance? My friend has Vista on hers, and it will connect to her DUN all by itself....She talked to her ISP, and they said it was a "Vista thing".... As long as it is on, it will connect.... Truly is wild when we are on the phone talking... It will try to dial out.... Just thought I'd share that with ya....;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds