Looking for advice on ip cameras

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rfull, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Rfull

Rfull Private E-2

Hi, I live on a hill with a good view of my city. I have a website with an ip camera that was inexpensive and the camera has gone out on me. I'm looking to buy an inexpensive replacement.
    First off, anybody got any recommendations? I'm looking to file an area of 1k to 2k wide from around 25K feet away so I think I need a telephoto lens. My old camera was a 12mm and was a little too wide a view for the distance.
    Secondly, I'm seeing security cameras but they have coax connection. Is it possible to hook those to a router, and what would be needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Ingemar

Ingemar Private E-2

3. Rfull

Rfull Private E-2

Thank you for your information. I do appreciate it. The camera you found was very good, but I had some questions on it and sent an email to the company right after you posted this info. Unfortunately, I ended up buying a different camera which was maybe as good (I hope), but a little more money because the company hadn't gotten back to me with my answers. Of course, as things happen, they sent a reply this morning. Apparently they were closed celebrating the Chinese New Year. So, if things don't work out with the camera I ended up purchasing, I'll look into this one.

Thanks again, the information you were able to give me did help me in making my decision.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds