Looking for AMD 3+ Matx Mobo w/pci 3.0 & sata III.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PeterMate, Apr 13, 2013.

1. PeterMate

PeterMate Private E-2

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for an amazing motherboard that i'm not entirely sure exists. I've been looking at various matx boards and they seem to be SATA II or PCI-e 2.0 etc. ideally, I'm looking for a board that's compatible with my aging Phenom X4 965 95w processor so I can upgrade later in the year.

Any recommenations would be greatly appreciated! something like this, but... smaller.
    Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

The motherboard you linked to is only PCIE2.0, and I'm not sure if the chipset supports the PCIE3.0 specification. It is unlikely that what you are asking for exists. Sorry!

3. PeterMate

PeterMate Private E-2

I know. Haha... I always feel like I want things before they exist!

Just for the benefit of anyone else searching in future, I found this:

M5A88-M

No PCI 3.0, but still a pretty well equipped mobo for the size/cost :)

I think the losses on bandwith are minimal for current gen graphics cards. My 6970 will be fine.

If I do get a card that really bottlenecks on 2.0, It'll be a long way off!

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

A motherboard with PCIE3.0 and that socket design and hence that chipset might never exist as the chipsets probably don't have enough lanes to support PCIE3.0 right now, and new chipsets might not be built.

5. PeterMate

PeterMate Private E-2

I'm starting to think a full upgrade would be a better idea tbh.

a new build around an FX-8 8150 is looking tempting :cool

6. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I would recommend a switch to Intel, as performance is better on all of their processors compared to the equivalent model in the AMD line.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds