looking for GTE CyberTrust Root certificate-2006

Discussion in 'Software' started by tck8, Jan 11, 2014.

1. tck8

tck8 Private E-2

Hello,

my certificate is corrupt. i want to replace it. can someone export their certificate and upload it here for me to download and install it?

Location of the certificate:

1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    2. On the Content tab, click Certificates.
    3. On the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab, click the GTE CyberTrust Root (2006).
    4. Click Export, and then follow the instructions to export the certificate as a DER encoded Binary x.509(.CER)

I'm not sure if the forum would allow it as attachment. If it doesn't, i'd appreciate a link.

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Found this:
    You might need to explain the need to replace an expired certificate before anyone is willing to help.
    The latest GTE certificate expires in 2018 and is probably included if you install this update from Dec. 2013
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41542

I assume this is for a computer running XP because Vista and above get certificates handled by MS in the background.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds