Looking for image software

Discussion in 'Software' started by lego126, Jul 27, 2010.

1. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

I'm trying to find a program that will allow me to easily make a above diagram of the layout of a store. Like for instance where chairs and tables are located, and trashcans and such. Anyone know of something good. I tried to use PAINT, but not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

One of these times I wish I was in work as I have two bookmarks in work (as wanted to make a floorplan of our office with desks and PCs etc) to just this thing but can I hell remember them, just been searching for names I think they are, which give you the items you are looking for in a catalogue, rather than having to draw them yourself, otherwise any vector graphics app should do.

However two I do remember,

1. Do you have Microsoft Visio as that will allow floorplans?
    2. Try this freebie from Ikea, may do the job http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/rooms_ideas/office/download1.html while you will be using their furnature etc it should work ok

ah remembered one as typing (for homes but) http://www.floorplanner.com/ basic is free, its an online one but should work ok.

3. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

I do not have Visio or anything of the sort. I've actually never heard of it. What you are talking about with computer and such is what I need. I need to make a floorplan of a food court, with locations of tables,chairs, and trashcans. etc. I'll check out the ones you suggested.
    Oh I have vista 64. ultimate

4. DavidGP

Hi

Finally remembered the other one I have tried in work, http://www.homestyler.com/designer (from the makers of Autodesk) however I cannot finda trashcan in the list of items, thats poor!!! because its a great app that 3d's your plans. Maybe this is why I didnt use it.

5. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

Wow! that one is nice. I only need a overhead view, So I can put anything in the place of trashcans, and just call it a trashcan. :cool Now time for work. :major

6. DavidGP

Well thats the sign of a ture geek! Yeah I thought it a great and easy app to use, but then the makers as in Autodesk do some amazing apps, glad you like it.

There is likely to be something small enough to call a trashcan somewhere in the list of items, just need to check them all like Bedroom, Bathroom etc as they have differing items listed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds