Looking for some sound and video drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by G0RT3X, Apr 22, 2011.

1. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

Hello

I have tried everything to get the drivers installed on this system, but nothing seems to work.

The computer is a HP Pavilion 061 M7350.uk. and from what I've read its a ASUS p5lp-le board in it.

Ive been to both Hp..downloaded drivers (original drivers) but still doesnt work. I get an error saying "Can't find Match Realtek HDAUDIO Inf File" and the ASUS site doesnt seem to have anything.

I've also downloaded the Windows UAA driver...

I have used driver sweeper and tried reinstalling drivers again, still no success. But I did accedently remove the video driver while doing this..oops

but here is a everest and belarc report if needed

I've also tried changing the settings from Auto to Enabled on BIOS but that didn't change anything.

any help would be great...thanks

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Can you let us know what happened to start this issue off, was it malware or a clean install of Windows?

In Device Manager what items have yellow ! marks next to them if any?

Dont install SP3 for XP as yet, as its best to try and get the Audio working beforehand, and try the following.

First off uninstall any Audio driver you may have tried to install if its listed in add remove or Device Manager.

1. Install the Chipset driver from HERE and reboot,

2. Install the Audio driver from HERE

3. Install the Video from HERE

reboot and let us know how you get on and if any Devices now have Yellow ! Marks in Device manager

If that doesnt work then in Services (which can be found in Control Panel > Administrative Tools or click Start > Run and type services.msc and hit enter) look for the Windows Audio Service and make sure its Started and startup type is Automatic, then in the dependencies tab of the Audio service, write down the servies listed and check each one that its Started and Automatic, and reboot and test audio.

3. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

I reinstalled Windows

4. DavidGP

Ok cheers for that then do follow what I posted earlier in the order posted as likely chipset driver is the main one missing to start with as that is needed so that other components can be correctly ID'd by Windows.

5. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

I've gone through all of that and there was no trouble with any of the installations, but still no sound. However at the end of installing the realtek drivers i got the message "The original drivers are stored in the C:\HP\Drivers\Audio folder. Please install through the device manager".

6. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Can you follow up on what DavidGP suggested .....

reboot and let us know how you get on and if any Devices now have Yellow ! Marks in Device manager

If that doesnt work then in Services (which can be found in Control Panel > Administrative Tools or click Start > Run and type services.msc and hit enter) look for the Windows Audio Service and make sure its Started and startup type is Automatic, then in the dependencies tab of the Audio service, write down the servies listed and check each one that its Started and Automatic, and reboot and test audio.

Thanks .

iain.t :major

7. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

Am I supposed to write down all the services and post them back here?

8. DavidGP

Hi

No not on post here but write them down so you can remember what services in the Windows Audio dependancies tab there are, so you can then check their propeties for Started and Automatic. As one service liek Windows Audio needs other services to be running for it to work properly, so you need to check all.

Any yellow ! Marks in Device Manager? if so what as we may need to know what so to advise on installing the Audio driver manually via device manager.

9. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    No!! we only need to know if the services for the audio is started and that they are set to automatic.. I will include a screenshot of how mine looks..bare in mind I am running Win7 but they should look the same...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  10. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

They are started and set to auto.

there isnt anything with a yellow ! in device manager

11. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Please download Driver Sweeper...

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

install but do not run it yet... (you do not need to except the realplayer download just remove the tick)...

create a restore point before going any further....

go to add/remove programs and delete the realtek audio driver...
    re-boot your machine in safemode (f8)...

YOU MUST DO THIS IN SAFE MODE....
    RUN Driver Sweeper.... select the realtek audio.... click Analyze....click Clean (run the Clean button twice to clear up any residual left overs).

re-boot into normal windows and download this driver from here......

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=uk&os=228&product=1838788&sw_lang=

sometimes older drivers work better than up to date ones, I have included screen shot of Driver Sweeper and how to use it....

12. Komodo25

Komodo25 Private First Class

bios Audio enabled?

cancel that...missed that part

13. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

I have ran that already, and tried those drivers already as well, still no success

14. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

have you got a "Service Tag" for your machine, if so could you please list here and we will be able to get the correct driver for that peticular machine,the TAG will be a sticker on either side of the machines casing.

Press CTRL + ALT + S
    This procedure can be used on HP and Compaq desktop computers manufactured between 2000 and 2010.
    While holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys, press the S key on the keyboard.
    The HP Support Information window appears. This window contains the model number of your HP computer.
    Figure 2: Model number in Support Information window

15. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

I Have tried it this way, takes me to the same page as if I search for the M7350.

but here it is

EP076AA-ABU

16. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi, I get the same results. We need to figure out exactly what sound device is actually installed on your board......

1.) Click Start , Run , and enter msinfo32 into the Open field.

2.) Click the plus sign next to Components .

3.) Select Sound Device and write the name of the sound device and the name of the manufacturer on paper.

4.) Open your Internet browser software (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, or similar) and browse to your favorite search site.

5.) Search the Internet using the terms "sound", "driver", and key words from the name of the sound device, and the name of the manufacturer.
    For example, searching the Internet for a Creative Audigy sound device using the words "sound", "driver", "creative", and "audigy" may bring up a "Customer Support: Downloads" page where the latest software for Creative's sound devices can be downloaded and installed.

6.) Find the Web pages you need from the list of search results that correspond to the manufacturer of the sound device.

7.) Install the updated sound driver per the manufacturer's instructions and test for sound.

17. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

18. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

19. DavidGP

Hi

Just to double check as I would feel remisssed if I didnt, you did install the Windows UAA HD AUDIO drivers?

If not then do so then install one of the realtek drivers listed above (any from the HP links), reboot and try again.

I did download the driver for your model to doublecheck that it had an installer file and indeed it does so a manual install shouldnt be needed, but incase the driver didnt install automatically from the SP26600.exe file then locate where the driver extracted too and open that folder and doubleclick the Install file, follow the prompts and then once finished reboot.

As you seem to have everything installed and if the advice of the mine and the previous two posts dont help then try the below.

First run the Audio FixIT/s HERE and if it gives you any error messages at the end as to problems either type them out for us or screenshot the dialogue box.

Then check in Device Manager and click View > Show Hidden and then open every branch (+) and look for greyed out items, if you have any please mention what branch they where in and what they are called.

20. G0RT3X

G0RT3X Private E-2

Yes I installed th UAA driver

Using the DirectX Diagnostic tool tells me I have no sound card.

Both the sound playback, and devices and hardware troubleshooters say they have encountered a run time error.

I have a yellow '!' on 'Serial', under 'Non-plug and Play Devices' in device manager, and also 'Unknown Device' under 'Other devices'. There isn't anything greyed out though.

21. DavidGP

Hi

Do you know if your PC is malware free and have you done any scans, I would run the below and if anything is found then start a new thread in our malware forum area and attach the logs

In your BIOS is there a option to enable/disable the onboard audio? if so enable it if disabled and if enabled disable it and save and exit the Bios then enter the Bios again and enable it.

Then try installing the Chipset, reboot and then Audio (shouldnt need the UAA one installing again)/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds