Looking for the fastest, most awesome video card... that'll fit a 3U case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Strogg, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

Here's a fun one for you guys. We all know what the fastest video cards are, but I have a 3U case that probably won't take those. I am looking for a consumer level video card (AMD or Nvidia) that will fit inside a 3U case. Length is not an issue, but the height is. The power connector(s) cannot be facing the lid/side panel (3U clearance here). Also, the heatsink and shroud can't be so gargantuan that it extends more than a couple millimeters past the expansion bracket. That pretty much eliminates the video cards with showy heat pipes (or whatever you call those). Currently, I have an r9-270x. is there anything better that'll fit?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds