lose connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cf1, Aug 29, 2009.

1. cf1

cf1 Private E-2

every time i use out look exp to send mail i lose the internet connection after it sends. i have a gateway with windows. thanks for the help

2. indyattic

indyattic Corporal

What kind of connection do you have? It seems that when I used to be on dial-up there was a setting in OE to disconnect when finished.

Try Tools...> Options....>Connection and see what's checked there.

3. cf1

cf1 Private E-2

i use dial up. how do i do it ? thanks

4. indyattic

indyattic Corporal

At the top, you should see a row of words. The first word is File, the second word is Edit, etc. Go over and click on "Tools." A menu should drop down. Pick "Options" and then "Connections."

There should be some options there, and one of them should read something like "Disconnect After Sending Mail." If that box has a checkmark in it, uncheck it.

5. cf1

cf1 Private E-2

ok i unchecked the box that had a checkhang up after sending.. thanks indyattic and have a good night.. ken

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds