Losing it here!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ebvrasea, Nov 12, 2005.

1. ebvrasea

ebvrasea Private E-2

hi. ive been posting in the spyware/malware thread, i thought i had a virus or something, but they tell me after running like 20 programs and posting the logs that im fine. so im coming here. see, about every 20 minutes or so, my computer send numerous packets to the router in our house till it crashes and has to reset. i just did a format the other night, and i thought the problem was on my external hard drive, so i havent plugged it in since the format the other night. however, my problem has re-occured last night. i'm told my the roomate that runs the router that my computer causes a SYN Flood, it shows him that in the logs for the router. anyone know why my logs show that my svchost.exe hits my router 116 times all at once?

please help me someone, i'm going out of my mind trying to fix this issue.

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

3. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

Download Safe XP.(If you have XP)It has an option to help prevent syn attacks.May help the prob.Or you can use this little program,Who's connected, to watch your ports and connections.

4. ebvrasea

ebvrasea Private E-2

yeah there are wireless connections and they are secure, 128bit security on them, and all the systems in the house are running XP Pro

5. ebvrasea

ebvrasea Private E-2

ok so i downloaded that SAfe xp, and i pressed that recommended button, and it applied a lot of the check boxes, and i hit apply, and it did it, unfortunately that didnt help, my network is still crashing every 20-30 minutes. i also tried the solution on this page: http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1236/ and i set the value to 2, and it didnt seem to help. i also tried that whos connected program but it doesnt tell me anything helpful, cuz im not worried about whos connecting to my computer, i need to know hwo to stop my computer from connecting to the router so much and stop my computer from flooding the network.

can someone suggest a tool or a fix or something to fix this issue, i've formatted my system about 7 times in the last week and it never solves my problem :(:(:(

6. ebvrasea

ebvrasea Private E-2

yeah, its gotten to the point where i gotta do another format, that might do it for like another few days, then i'll be screwed again. anyone have any suggestions?

7. ebvrasea

ebvrasea Private E-2

yep. formatted again last night. whatever i have is back today.

formatting again, this time, gonna do a cold boot between the format and the windows install, a buddy of mine thinks whatever i have keeps retreating into my memory during my install.

so i'll try that, can someone please think of what this coud be, i've googled till my brain hurts with no solution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds