Lost ability to receive hyperlink forms

Discussion in 'Software' started by fulmermm, Jan 27, 2012.

1. fulmermm

fulmermm Private E-2

I am operating on Windows 7. The other day I was trying to clean up/increase speed of my computer and defrag'ed and deleted temporary files, etc. I don't know much about computers but now I cannot access information on certain sites (i.e. Student loan program tax documents, Itsdeductible.com database that I have been building all year). I think I deleted something that is essential to both sites but I don't know what it might be. Can you please help?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you manually delete these items or did you use an application and if an application what one?

But in the main do a reboot and if that doesn't allow you access to the internet then try this and click Start and type CMD then right click it and choose Run As Administrator then type into the command prompt ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter, may need to do this 2 or 3 times, and then open your browser up and try the internet again.

Also is it just some sites that are blocked?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you get to the sites and the links don't work (nothing happens when you click) check to see javascript is installed (what browser are you using?) and it is enabled.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds