Lost access to YouTube account... hacking?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I didn't know where to put this, so I figured the Lounge is the best place... moderators/admins, please move the thread to the proper forum if I was wrong. :)

I can't log in to my YouTube account. YouTube works on my laptop, my desktop, and The Guy's desktop, until I try to log in to my account. I tried it on all three, and get the same error every time:

I have never logged in to my YouTube account from The Guy's computer, and his YouTube works fine, so I doubt cookies is the problem. Since my YouTube account is linked to my gmail account (stupid Google acquisition!) I have changed my Gmail password, which required me to change the password on my Droid phone as well. Better safe than sorry, right?

I don't think this is caused by malware, since it happened on three different computers and Operating Systems, but I'd lie if I said I wasn't concerned. Any light anyone can help shedding on this would be most welcome.

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

There doing site maintaince at the moment. I was going to say theres a way you can change your password using your email for it to be sent to. Ive done that a few times.

3. silas

silas MajorGeek

4. Mimsy

5. Mimsy

Sorry for the double post. I just tried the cookie fix that Silas linked to, and then rebooted, but it doesn't seem to help. I still have the same issue, that my account is inaccessible.

I will try from my work computer tomorrow, hopefully that will tell me if this is an account issue or an ISP issue.

6. Mimsy

Last update, I promise: IT'S WORKING! :celebrate

I tried the cookie fix-thing again, and did a new reboot, and when I did, my Java came up and demanded the right to update. Since I know YouTube uses Java a lot, I agreed and went through the updater, and now everything Youtube works again.

So if anyone else has a similar issue, update your Java! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds