Lost account data in live mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by eaglestar3, Jun 18, 2014.

1. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

My wife accidentally deleted her primary business account in Live Mail. Is there any way to get back the message data? She has a hp laptop running Windows 7 Pro, all updates current as of last login this morning.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

One key point needs to be perfectly clear here. Do you mean she accessed a Live Mail account - live.com, which leads to Mircosoft's Outlook.com mail service - via web browser and deleted her account there? Or, do you mean she was using the email client, Windows Live Mail (WLM), and deleted the business email account that was set up in WLM?

In other words, does she normally access her email via web browser, a method generally called webmail, or by using an email program, such as WLM, installed on her computer?

3. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

Sorry about the vagueness. She uses the WLM client (hates webmail). After I posted the help request she remembered she has a Carbonite account. I had her recreate the lost account, found the backup files and restored everything. With the available backup files the whole process was totally intuitive. A little fine tuning and fixing folder names truncated by Carbonite and she's back in the running. After experiences with OE and the old Windows Mail I expected something approximating the Labors of Hercules. Thanks for the reply. Happily everything worked out OK.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Thanks for the update on that. Glad to hear how you resolved it and that everything worked out OK.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds