lost all my pics

Discussion in 'Software' started by reggieroo, Jun 8, 2009.

1. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

Not sure if this is the right section to post but I'm in need of some help.

I was tidying up the PC a little & not thinking I sent all of my pics to the CD drive to copy & then realised that I have way to much to fit on a CD.

I then proceeded to make a data DVD instead but deleted the pics folder from the CD drive & wasn't until I just looked that all my pics that they have disappeared.

It shows the folders & also the size of the folder is the same but when I click on the pics they are not there! The data disc is the same showing the folders but no pics when you go into them.

Since doing that I have used ccleaner & emptied the recycle bin :cry

2. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

Just had another look at my pics & some of them are still there but others just say no preview.

3. jblim1980

jblim1980 Private First Class

ARE you using nero?

4. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

I used Nero to make the data disc yes.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

There are two programs you could try.
    FreeUndelete
    Recuva

6. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

I've already tried one called restoration & another called Easeus photo recovery but they couldn't find them. I'll try the ones you have suggested next.

I'm a little miffed as to what has happened. I always thought that if you send something say to the CD drive for burning it only copies the files over & leaves the original ones where they are?

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

If deleted as you stated,these should be able to recover them if not much else has been installed since to take up the space.
    Also, check the Recycle Bin. Maybe you forgot to empty the Bin. If so,just click on Restore.

8. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

I did delete them when they were in the CD drive but I only thought I was deleting the copies that were sent there.

Not in the recycle bin that's for sure, I had ran ccleaner after as well.

Just ran undelete & can't find them but there are other files that were deleted yesterday as I was cleaning the PC.

When I go to the pics in my pictures, all the folders are there but most of the pics just says no preview when you click them, just showing a blank with a little red x in the middle. When you double click, properties shows no resolution info & camera properties says no data.

Seems that some of the file is still there but some is missing! It shows the size of the file etc just no pic.

9. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

Right well I've just Recuva & got all my pics back + load of others which I haven't got a clue where they are from.

I just selected all the pics that had been deleted as there where over 5000 & couldn't be bothered to go through which ones to recover so did them all.

10. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

You got them?
    Congratulations.

11. reggieroo

reggieroo Private E-2

Thanks for the help! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds