Lost hotmail password issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by silas, Jan 21, 2012.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

I may aswell come out and say it before its mentioned. but first things first. i had an acct here by the name silas. and i ramble and was known for paragraphs. i moved out of gf i was w for her cheating. so i got no internet cept a friends pc and my old

Lg cell and i guess limited words in post. anyways i got crappy internet not the newer or touch screen. i cud only read forums here. and tried past acct silas and nothing. and iam sorry for new acct but it temp till i get hotmail bk. then i get my old mg

Mg acct back once i get hotmail back. so pls allow this to stay till then. so my problem is i change passwords on 3 emails including the one i registered silas to long ago cus gf got in them. so i thought the passwords were sumthing and it not work. so i

Trief hotmail and trief passwords i thougit including old buv nope. cudnt find hotmail help email or support chat. just a form that sent to automatic reply. it had question w name and bday and town and past passwords and contacts and folders i may have

I may have made. but my issue is i never filled rigit info for bday and name. and i filled ouv past passwords good but w contacts i dont remember cus they were game msn messenger contacts. and only one email had over 50 sites saved in folder. but the

But the email sent to me said not enuff info was correct and its cus its an old acct over 8 yr old and including the one my main acct here at mg is under. and i not put rite info incase sumone gets in it. so how i got bout this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  2. silas

silas MajorGeek

retreving hotmail pass program

Was wondering if and what program for pc desktop in which i may get my password i change my hotmail password to. was thinking since i used friend pc to change it. maybe a program can get it

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

Re: retreving hotmail pass program

thanks for the link.but i got a post a little ahead mentoning i am silas. i change 3 or 4 emails pass. due to x found pass. i forgot. but my big issue is profile info aint real. when i make email yrs ago i put fake name & bday. & microsoft said not enuff

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

Doubt this work. since all i did was change it at friends house. but he got window 7 and i use ff. i thought there was programs that showef passwords for this. hotmail sent another denial now saying not enuff info. what do people do when profile changed

6. pyrouncle

pyrouncle Private E-2

The sites often make it non-trivial to change a password via the "forgotten password" route. If they didn't. then anyone could change yours easily.

That is why they asked for the name and birthday you have in the profile. If you have forgotten those, you are probably out of luck.

If Hotmail has a contact phone number, you MIGHT be able to convince them if you can tell them what the password was before you changed it. I will make no guarantees that they will cooperate.

7. silas

silas MajorGeek

Yeah thats the problem. i cant find an email to actually email and explain the problem and help convince them. only automatic response and u cant email that bk. also i dont understand my main email that i know i knew the name in it. plus i had the past 5

8. silas

silas MajorGeek

5 passwords and name was right bday wrong. then ask 5 contacts did that rite. did the folders and mentionef i had over 30 sites over the yrs of collecting sites. including mg and drums and fish and pogo. but then they ask for sent emails i sent. so only

9. silas

silas MajorGeek

Thing wrong was bday and no sent emails. and secrete question answer wrong

10. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Hi,

You may want to give this a try: WebBrowserPassView by Nir Sofer

11. silas

silas MajorGeek

if they could see the no active email since then. and i wish cud tell them to view all emails that i forgot. cus all are the was the same. and they cud change it bk to old pass b4 hand. also i use a pc at gf for 5 yrs went to friends pc in diff town near

12. silas

silas MajorGeek

Change passwords on the emails. so only changed the pass once. so hoping that was enough to keep password and show it. then friend moved so getting things to do there once i go there. so ill hope for more things to try and suggested 4 me. email important

13. pyrouncle

pyrouncle Private E-2

The problem is, how are they to know that you didn't change the password because someone else obtained it somehow and was using your account without your permission?

Without the correct secret answer etc, you have basically the equivalent of a hard disc crash on your computer with no backup. You complicated matters by using a fake name and birth date - as well as apparently not using an easily remembered answer to your secret question.

Unless you can find some way to retrieve the new password on your friend's computer, the likely result is that you will never be able to access that account again and all the email messages are lost.

14. pyrouncle

pyrouncle Private E-2

Unless the OP actively chose to save the password on the friend's computer, this will not help.

15. cosmicma

cosmicma Private E-2

is windows live and hotmail the same thing nowadays ?
    and is this attached xbox live ?

call me skeptical but theres a lot of hacked accounts on xbox i bet there's quite a few people who would like to know how to retrieve a password

on the other hand you can run this on your friends computer it might work for you
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Cain_and_Abel_d5062.html

16. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I've merged your posts, silas.

You can't pm me with this account. I'm going to pm you an email address you can contact me with and I'd like for you to verify the email address on your original silas account. I'll help you get your original account back.

I can't help you with the hotmail problem. All the password finders that I know of are for retrieving Windows keys or specific software on your computer. For future reference, I'd suggest picking security questions that people wouldn't know the answer and give the truth so this doesn't happen.

17. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If the NirSoft app didnt work then as you used fake birthday and other info, and cannot remember them then you are not going to be able to recover the account, without this info even phoning the Microsoft Hotmail team wouldnt work as first question will be things like "what birthday" and "secret question".

Sadly you may need to just create a new account and this time use real info and memorable security questions and password.

18. silas

silas MajorGeek

Well to my main email i had setup to act at mg b4. i know the made up name and the diff varies of bday is either my real or jam 1 or jan 27 on them notice w make act it jan and 1 are first on list. also other ways to profile recover is old pass. which i

19. silas

silas MajorGeek

Them. then got contacts which is kinda hard cus only had gaming friends on it bk in gaming time. then nxt was folderr. i never made extra ones. but mentioned i had several sites saved and title to ea of them. so that shud be good. then a troubl one is wha

20. silas

silas MajorGeek

What sender slash subjects ive sent. but rarely sent any and none in there. but w no real email and just auto denied. iam not getting anywhere. if i cud find out the first letter it help greatly. then id remember the route i typed.

21. silas

silas MajorGeek

I thought i had program when bout 15 yr old i had program that told how many letterr were in it so id get hint

22. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

23. silas

silas MajorGeek

to timw link i seen a trial for free to c first lettter then pay. so my question is. does that trial for first letter work on a pc that i didnt change pass on. or do i use it on the pc i change the password on.

24. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

25. silas

silas MajorGeek

to sach2. that ended up using profile info. ive got denied many times so far. i didnt think so strict w it. i got couple ways that i do my name and bday. and last 5 pass and folders question and contact. only one really is sender subject lines i may have.

26. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

This link says to try to keep the same request open rather than open a new request, and give multiple answers to questions that might have multiple answers. http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bf5d34bf-db28-44ca-ac9a-93838d81b2d6

It seems they want you to convince them that you are who you say you are. So give as much detail of when you joined and which folders have the most mail etc.

I really don't know what else to tell you. I had a similar problem with yahoo mail not long ago. My secondary account that I rarely sign in to, blocked me. I knew I had the correct password but no go. Eventually, they locked my account because I was trying too many passwords. I finally gave up but it was maddening because I had some information I needed. Tried again two weeks later and my password worked. Just dumb luck on my part but I feel your pain. :(

27. silas

silas MajorGeek

The hard thing at the moment i got to pc w internet and friends work 12 hours so me going to there not often. i have old lgux300 w internet sum lock in top right looking thing on hotmail home page. still cant fig to get hotmail working. also i may as

28. silas

silas MajorGeek

Well mention my info since not right. i use silas brooke or adam neel or justin ... for my main email then bday is either my real or jan 1 or jan 27. and i got the 5 pass easy. and folder thing good. just not good is what i sent and subject names. also

Also when i did my password recovery form my my profile. it send me auto email saying my number to the problem was .... and they get bk to me. then if fast it be 24 hour or longer. and ea time it says we sorry we couldnt do to not enuff info try again.

Info on ways to improve it. also i ran into trouble yesterday. i filled there form out like 9 or more times. then later it sent me only one case number and not 9. then they sent a 2cd saying in order for them to get my email bk faster that they were

Were going to close all but the most recent meaning last form. so i thought wth. but ima try that link sach2 w coffee. and to my question w timw question still up. i wish legit software that give pass for money.

So i filed out info in sach2 post and sent it. it gave me pin i wrote down. then got email saying it take 24 hour to review it. in the mean time i cud view private forum and view and give help. yet i go to link and not work on old cell. so question is.

I thought it said i could go view forum while there reviewing it. so iam i wrong and forum link not active until they deny my request. or maybe hotmail takes while to let link get active. or my cell internet bad. and i should go to real pc and try link.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  29. silas

silas MajorGeek

Got denial quick. but it said i cud use the link they gave to private forum. but that link aint working. i got it right & dbl checked many times. anyways google search for hotmail private forum shows many with same problem where link aint workin any ideas

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds