Lost internet connection...need help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Texasrebel, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Texasrebel

Texasrebel Private E-2

Running windows xp. I go to start, click on control panel, click on network connections, and it says connection has failed. I seem to have lost the computer icon that lets you know if your on line or not in my bottom right hand of tool bar. Its gone and dont know how that happened. I ran malware bytes, found 1 trojan and removed it. I run the best trend micro has for protection, but one thing I noticed, when we updated it here recently is when everything seemed to go heywire. Computer says trend micro is outdated but trrend micro is running? strange.

Also, when I "right click" on "local area connection" I do not have the "repair" option?

Any help would be great. thanks

Larry

2. Texasrebel

Texasrebel Private E-2

Re: One other thing that may help with this.....

When I go to connect to interent, it says this under the "local area connection" icon. Says "Disabled, Firewalled Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

I right click on the local area connection, hit "enable" and connection failed pops up. I have the latest Trend Micro on this computer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Larry

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Malwarebytes usually keeps a log of what was deleted. It is located at:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd

What was shown as deleted?

Is there a red x next to your network adapter in Device Manager? You can try to enable it if it shows as disabled.

Try starting the components using the Diagnostic Toolkit.
    http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056455.aspx

Do you have the option to do a system restore before the problem?

It looks like Trend has disabled your NIC. You may want to uninstall using the toolkit if the above does not work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds