Lost Local network and Messenger shared folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by WEEPEE, Jan 26, 2008.

1. WEEPEE

WEEPEE Private E-2

Searched the net for answers and not solved my problem yet.

My Local Network suddenly disappeared. Both systems connect through the router (2Wire HGV 270)to the internet but neither knows the other 'puter exists it seems. Both systems are running XP and had run flawlessly together.
    Could this be a router problem or would it more likely be in the main system?

Also in Messenger Live I no longer have shared folders with other users (on the main system, I haven't used Messenger on the secondary system). The message it returns is "your sharing folders aren't yet available. Please try again in a minute".

Nor can I uninstall mesenger Live. I was hoping that a reinstallation of Messenger would fix that problem.

Thanks in advance

2. WEEPEE

WEEPEE Private E-2

Update:

Solved the Local Network problem. Was a setting in the 2Wire router.

But Messenger Live problem remains. Still can't create or view shared folders.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds