Lost original software for hp cd/dvd-rw drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rancid milk, Dec 26, 2004.

1. rancid milk

rancid milk Private E-2

during an attempt to update my HP 300n/NEC ND-1100A 4X DVD R/RW optical drive, my dog came up and bumped the restart button on my pc. After the pc restarted, it seems that there is no supporting software at all for my dvd burner. In MY COMPUTER it only says cd drive (F: ). How would I go about getting the ORIGINAL software for this? I've went to hp.com and downloaded any of the available drivers and updates but they all say that they require the original software. Any hwlp would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. rancid milk

rancid milk Private E-2

Not sure I stated that right. It was a firmware upgrade that was taking place. Now I can't even open up the drive. The guys at computing.net said to try a reflash and if that didn't work then the drive is possibly toast. I tried everything that they reccomended and nothing seemed to work, so I'm getting a new drive. Thanks for the suggestion though, and sorry for any miscommunication on my part.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds