Lost vista boot!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Burrell, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I recently installed windows7

I went to msconfig and removed the vista boot option, to speed up boot time, but now i need to get back into vista, is there a way to get the vista option back?

Burrell

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I don't understand what you mean by 'speed up boot' as deleting the Vista loader has no bearing on W7's boot speed if I understand you.

Anyways, install VistaBootPro and it should then see that you still have a Vista install, x away the backup, then just reinstall the Vista loader from the 'System Bootloader' tab.

3. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

its speeds it up because i dont have to select the operating system.

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ok then, I'll give you that. Instead of deleting the Vista, maybe change its timeout to 3 seconds from the 'Manage OS Entries' tab, that's if you want to keep Vista.

5. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

good idea! will do

Burrell

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds