Lost word & note pad

Discussion in 'Software' started by WandaR, Jun 23, 2004.

1. WandaR

WandaR Private E-2

I'm probably not even in the right area, I've stumbled around now for 20 minutes trying to figure out how to post a message :confused: , yes I'm one of those that barely know how to turn on a computer ! I've tried to find a way to get microsoft to help, but all the links just kept taking me in circles (is that how they planned it ? :) Anyway, my Word pad & Note pad are ......GONE. I don't know what happened to them, I didn't even notice they were gone untill I tried to open a document and I got this error ; "Word Pad has caused an error in MSWRD832.cnv. Word Pad will now close. If you continue to have problems, restart your computer. " Can some one PLEASE tell me what happened to my word pad (I never use note pad, it's too small). Also I've been looking on the net for word pad to down load, and there are actually a few that seem better than Word Pad, (I'm becoming disenchanted with Microsoft), but I don't know if my email attachments will open up in them. I have Jarte, my email attachments don't open in it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Yes I'm in trouble, I am a lot if it is anything with a computer chip in it!
    Thanks & God bless,
    Wanda R.

2. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

3. Robster12

To Wanda:
    You don't happen to have something called "n-Case" on your computer do you?

I googled for the error message that you PM'ed me and found this link:

http://www.computerproblems.com/questions/question.cfm?id=13043

For the keywords of the search, I simply copied the error message that you included in you PM and I put that into the google input.

To everybody else:
    This is going to take a hard-core Microsoft savvy user to help her out. I advised her to post again.

Looks like I kind of stepped on the thread with my last post (inadvertantly).

My apologies...

:rolleyes:

4. Robster12

Wanda:
    Did you install, UPDATE, and run the Spybot thingy and the Adaware thing yet?

Those should maybe take the spyware out of your OS. Then the issue of repairing the "Word" application can be addressed. :)

5. Robster12

Hey, wait a minute!
    We're in the wrong forum!
    This should be in the Spyware Specific forum....

:rolleyes:

6. ScOtTsFiRe

ScOtTsFiRe Private E-2

Hey that happened to me too! It happened when Norton found "adware.iefeats" and "ia.dll" virus on a scan.

Are we on to something?

Thanks for any info anyone has.
    Scottsfire

PS I did a long system restore and this still didn't come back. Notepad gone!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds