Love The Ads.. Good Sites Gone Bad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by foogoo, Feb 6, 2017.

1. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Look at this webpage, the majority of the screen space is taken up by ads. then the ads scroll over the articles..
    It's like the Internet is going backwards...brings back pop ups, at least you could close them.

Attached Files:

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You should use an adblocker that allows you to block ads on specific sites like the one in your image.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes many sites are starting to us over size adverts to make money, many are run my enthusiasts that need to pay bills and some corporate company ones just want to make more money through popularity of the site. As said us a good popup ad blocker or dont visit site.

4. ownthree

ownthree Corporal

i noticed the over sized adverts too, just us a popup ad blocker. that's what i did

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I find it funny since the recession a lot of the ads no longer want to sell you something because no one has any money.

Most of them want to sell you a way to make money.

BTW if anyones interested i can introduce you to nano trading, trading stocks by the nano second, just pm me 5 bucks.

Hello peeps, just checking in. a lots happened since I last visited, if I can be bothered typing it I'll fill you in.

I've probably lived more in the last 3 years than the previous 35

DavidGP and LauraR like this.
  6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Rikky.... where ya been ?

DavidGP likes this.
  7. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

8. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Rikky.... well howdy stranger :cool:
    Great to see you here again :D

9. Rikky

I got in shape, got a new job,moved from my parents, got my own place, met a girl, quit my job, had a kid, moved again into a house.

Right now I'm in bed next to my gal and my son of 8 weeks. I've crammed a lot into the last 3 years.

DavidGP, joffa and MaxTurner like this.
  10. joffa

Sounds like you are doing OK........hmmm kids are a wonderful thing but they sure can test your patience sometimes hehehe;) What a big adventure you have had in 3 years and still there is more ahead :)
    Wishing you all the best for a happy future :)
    Cheers
    joffa :cool:

Rikky likes this.
  11. Rikky

Yeah I havent had much sleep in the last two months, Im'm going on a a 7 day training course next week, I hope he sleeps or i'll have to take the couch.

Hows things on your end joffa?

DavidGP likes this.
  12. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Dang, Rikky, you been busy!! Moseltoff

13. joffa

Yep having good sleep is a rare commodity with babies......

Same old same old Rikky..... I am still an IT Admin for a national company, still legally blind, just had a couple of eye ops in January and March for a semi detached retina in my good eye. Eye still improving after the final operation and the ophthalmologist says I should have a very good outcome. A couple of years ago I had a couple of stays in hospital in intensive care hooked up on IV vancomycin for golden staph infections in both legs. For a while they were talking about amputating the right leg above the knee and I shit my self so much I willed myself to get better......
    One thing that is fairly new is both my kids moved out about 6 months ago so we are looking to downsize from our 6 bedroom home to something smaller and more manageable..... long as it has a big workshop and a decent yard for the dog to run about lol ;)
    Still playing Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Oblivion and sometimes when I feel nostalgic I might fire up Morrowind or Fallout 3.......

Are you still inventing things? I remember you used to build all manner of unusual things.
    Where are you working?
    It is good to see you back on the forum and even better that you are happy and have found someone :cool:

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Congrats mate, just lost all energy I have reading that line! WOW busy times you have.... hope the training course is a great one, notice you said left job, you have new one?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds