Low Insertion Force Connector for Flex Cable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wickid, Oct 17, 2004.

1. wickid

wickid Private E-2

Hello everyone,

I was replacing a floppy drive on my HP Pavillion ze5470US, and I had removed the old floppy drive flex cable from the Low Insertion Force (LIF) connector on the motherboard. At first I thought the connector removed from the board, so I tried for a while to pull the peice off. When I realized it was not coming off, I finally thought to think to remove the cable. I am not sure if I have actually damaged the connector, or if when I replaced the new drive cable in the connector, if I had not done it correctly. When I use the computer now, the floppy drive will work fine sometimes, however, most of the time it will give me errors telling me that it can't find the sectors on the disk, and it cannot format disks. I know the disks are good as I have tried them in other computers.

Anyhow, I was just wonding how one would properly go about removing and inserting floppy drive flex cables into LIF connectors? Is their a special tool, or do I just gently pull the cable out and firmly press it in?

Any help you can provide me would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

-wickid

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds