low size video format

Discussion in 'Software' started by hankyknot, Oct 7, 2008.

1. hankyknot

hankyknot Corporal

I am trying to set up a webcam to record which users use a specific PC in order to identify who is deliberately deleting company files but I'm struggling to find an app that uses a sensible amount of space for recording.

I tried the standard software that came with the cam and it uses AVI format. Problem is the 1 hour test I did used nearly 15Gb of drive space. As I will either need to record 24 hours at a time and then compress while recording the second 24 hours or record then compress 5 days of data the hard drive requirements are a little excessive.

Does anyone know a program that works with most webcams that will record in a smaller file format?

2. okietechnician

okietechnician Private E-2

I have tried this program, don't use it very often-you can google it-the copy i have was free d/l-can't rember where i found it

Argus Surveillance DVR

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds