Low temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Matth3w, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

seems as though i have pretty damn low temps comparatively to other P4 prescott owners, according to everest.

i have a p4 3ghz prescott with stock intel fan/hs. everest is showing that my cpu is idle at 34c...my gpu is 40c for my ati x800xl (is that good)?

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Blimey you have a stock cooler for a Pentium 4 3.0ghz idling at 34c?

That's very impressive, I have a friend who's just purchased a £40 Akasa cooler with 120mm fan and he's idling at 37c.
    Mine's still cooler though, 25c is the idle temp, running an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ :p

3. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

yea, im not sure what else is effecting that. could any of my other fans be helping?

4. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

most likely other fans are helping my 3.4 idles at 36 or so anmd never goes above 51 :)

5. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

GLOATER..I hate you,wish my pressy idled at 34c....When my system is stock i can only nail 38C..your lucky,maybe you have the almighty Northwood processor poseing as a Prescott..lol id like to see screens of these temps and CPUZ if u have them...

6. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

here ya go. the first is idle, and the second is under load (playing the game FEAR, with adobe photoshop, everest, etc also loaded.)

i waited until the game was loading a map, then i quickly alttabbed out of the game. i caught it at 49C before i could printscreen but then it jumped back down, and as we speak its about 39-41C.

if you have a program to test the load, i can get you a better idea.

Attached Files:

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Those are still good temps with big applications open. When I run battlefield 2 my cpu runs at about 40c, probably because I have all settings on high!

8. inque

inque Private E-2

err noob here so how you guys get the idle
    temp reading for your PC?
    I mean when mine PC is up the Antivirus and Spyware is up
    dosen't it account for some heat also?

I'm in Asia ( Singapore ) , The weather here suckz
    not to mention Humid too.

I have a P4 HT 2.8 GHz ( i know i'm a bit outdated here, not a gaming PC )
    Runnin with 28 Processes CPU usage at 17%
    Specs :
    P4 Stocked Fan.
    Temp reading frm MSI CORE center : 45 C
    1xDrive fan ( Intake )
    2X Cooler Master 12cm ( 1X Intake 1X Exhaust )
    1X Termaltake Smart Fan ( Exhaust )
    Power Supply Hec 450 Watt
    Sata 7500RPM 80G Samsung HDD
    Audigy Sound card
    Nivida FX5200 w / small GPU Fan

9. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

oh btw -

update, i just re-routed all my cables and got a few extra fans hooked up. my CPU is now idling between 30-31C.. :D

10. mPK

mPK Private First Class

i do believe that under a load my CPU temp is at about 50C... i think that is quite high seen as i got an AMD.. it is an AMD 64 4400+ with stock cooling...

11. Killasheep

Killasheep Private E-2

Thats not bad mate - I am running a P4 630 O/C'd to 3.4 with Asus Star Ice Cooler and I get Idle temps of 28 Deg (Min RPM) and load temps of no more than 36 Deg (Max RPM)

My Card (6800GT) runs at a cool 35Deg under heavy loads

Keep it up...
    Steve

12. inque

inque Private E-2

Thanks man , i got mine PC on full load :rolleyes:
    its about 55C !!! Talk about hot

13. Killasheep

Killasheep Private E-2

55 Deg wow get the Sausages ready ;)

14. inque

inque Private E-2

ok but i'm not sure how to remove mine stock P4 fan ????

anyway anyone know of the website "mod fathers" or
    something i lost the website. Its a website where they show case
    all the modding step by step with pics.

15. BrianBakerOrlando

stock p4 fan..2 clips on the retainer bracket where the CPU goes,unclip them,and pull the HS with the fan off...***be careful,the thermal compound may have bonded with the CPU,remove slowley***

16. inque

inque Private E-2

should not be bonded as i often remove the heat sink
    for cleaning as dirt tend to get trapped between the heat sink.

its the black clip i don't know how to remove ????

Anyway wat would be a decent fan for mine P4

i'm thinking if using back mine thermaltake smart fan on
    mine PC casing. replace the stock fan with it.
    wat you guys think ???
    can it bring down the core temp ???

i saw the thermaltake's ORB II , is it any good ???

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  17. BrianBakerOrlando

if u have a prescott,i can tell you what i use,and i can give you my experience.I have a CoolerMaster Hyper48 for my P4 3GHZ Clocked at 3.4ghz..Before the Hyper 48 i was 46c idle 54c load..after i purchased the Hyper 48 i idle 40c and load 50c...Just my experience FYI...

18. hammer1

hammer1 Private E-2

My pc is Intel D864perl mb, Prescott 3.0E cpu, 120 gig Seagate Hd and my CPU temp as I type this is at 28c, the Hd isat 29c,housed in an Aspie X Navigator case. I don't OC or do any gamming.. Oh ya, stock heatsink & fan that came with CPU.....I must be one of the lucky ones..regards

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds