lsass.exe not enough quota “with "not enough virtual memory

Discussion in 'Software' started by gio41uk, Dec 30, 2007.

1. gio41uk

gio41uk Private E-2

I really dont no where to go with this question

Im getting a few different error messages.

1) insufficient system resources exist to complete the API
    2) lsass.exe not enough quota “with "not enough virtual memory
    3) Not enough Virtual Memory or paging file quota available to complete this operation

When I boot up my sons laptop computer which is running windows XP home edition, Just before it gets to the log on screen I get error message "Not enough Virtual Memory or paging file quota available to complete this operation". Then it reboots and does the same again.

On the heading of the error message box it says Error - lsass.exe. I cannot change Virtual Memory because I cannot get into windows (even in safe mode).

scoured the net and getting all different answers.

just wondering if anyone has came across these errors before
    gio

2. gio41uk

gio41uk Private E-2

Ok Guys, ive passed the first problem,i ended up reinstalling by using the disc that came with the laptop.

So i dont get the errors anymore but still doesnt boot into the op system,it gets to the xp screen and cuts out and i dont mean loop and start again i mean it actually shuts down.
    When i plug in the power adapter it shuts down faster,just after a few seconds.

Anybody any idea,my sons driving me nuts.
    gio

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

A computer usually shuts down for three reasons:
    a) RAM is going bad
    b) computer is over heating (fans might not be spinning)
    c) power supply is going

4. gio41uk

gio41uk Private E-2

think u might have been right about the overheating. Have put another post up about it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds