Lsass.exe - Unable To Locate component

Discussion in 'Software' started by Manwhoknowsnothing, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Manwhoknowsnothing

Manwhoknowsnothing Private E-2

I started up my comp this morning then had to go run and do some work. came back at about 5:30 PM and my computer had this window up entitled "Lsass.exe - Unable To Locate component" within the window it says "Exception process Message c0000135 parameters 75b6bf76 75b6bf76 75b6bf76". the rest of the screen is black but I can move my mouse. Please note that my knowledge in this field is most likely very finite in comparison to any of yours, in other words please excuse my incompetence and copious questions.

2. Manwhoknowsnothing

i have winxp servpack3, i had in last few days installed FarCry2 (off of steam) there is a possibility my friend used it while i was gone; i wont know that till about 11:00 o'clock tonight though. i have restarted manually by pressing the restart button.

3. Manwhoknowsnothing

It did the same thing, just a black screen, mouse and the same Lsass.exe message.

4. Manwhoknowsnothing

It does the same thing in Safemode

5. Manwhoknowsnothing

If this happens to be the case do you know how (or if it is even possible) to transfer some files from my Hard drive to another device or comp? I have two papers on there due Tuesday.

6. Manwhoknowsnothing

K, I'll look into it. And thank you SOOO much for the info, man i love the internet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds