lst of securty software compatable with vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by shmmy793, Jan 26, 2009.

1. shmmy793

shmmy793 Private E-2

h there! new vista user here. havng trouble finding out if the top pcks from major geeks is compatible w/ vista. had zone zlarm trail is over. any free ware that protects all asspects of computer? and do I?need to uninstall what came with the computer/help! thanks everyone!:cry

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Majority are Vista compatible (just need to click the suggestions link and it will say next to Requires: what OS it supports, or click the homepage of the developer and double check) , but ones I have used in Vista are:

Antivirus
    Avast
    AVG
    AntiVir

Firewall
    PCTools
    Comodo personal
    ZoneAlarm Free

Antispyware/Malware
    SuperAntiSpyware
    Spybot S&D
    MalwareBytes
    SpywareBlaster

My personal choices and all of us will have various favorite combinations are...

Avast for Antivirus
    PCtools for Firewall

and for Antispyware and Malware
    Spywareblaster as this is a great prevention tool
    Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware ~ either of these to run periodically to double check for malware in conjuction with the Vista built in Defender (Defender in Vista is much better than the XP one)

also good guide for you on How to Protect yourself from malware!

3. shmmy793

shmmy793 Private E-2

THANKS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! i'LL THEM.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds