M2N68-LA bios flash/upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blackbyrd84, May 19, 2009.

1. blackbyrd84

blackbyrd84 Private E-2

Hi, I was wondering what bios I need to flash onto this mobo to unlock the now locked bios options. My computer is a HP Pavilion a6109n desktop. I would really like to unlock the cpu adjustments so I can overclock :D

Thanks in advance.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If the motherboard is an OEM (meaning built for HP by Asus) then you probably cannot flash it successfully to unlock the 'locked out' features. I strongly recommend that you don't even try, but if you must, you can check the Asus site for the same board, download and use their BIOS. I would think that the BIOS is also locked and will not allow a non-HP flash, but I guess if you don't mind possibly wrecking the board, you can try. Personally, I'd just save up for a better, faster, unlocked board, or a faster CPU, but the choice is yours.

3. blackbyrd84

blackbyrd84 Private E-2

ok, thats kinda what I was thinking because I dont have an exact sister board for mine, so in other words, no direct bios that I could find. I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks a lot :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds