M2n68-la xp drivers for a mobo from a HP a6683w

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChrisHrobak, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ChrisHrobak

ChrisHrobak Private E-2

Recently acquired a older dual core motherboard from a HP a6683w so i stuffed it in a emachine box. The box is for a old single core celeron d 356 3.33. This AMD Board is a AMD Sempron 2.0 Dual Core the only reason im not using the emachine mobo is that the ps/2 ports are shot or at least i believe so. Tried installing XP and after install i get the yellow triangle next to the ps/2 mouse. So im stuck with the amd mobo with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with a mere 1.5 gb ram so i was considering go back to xp until i at least have the 4gb of ram the board maxes out with...

Chris

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Im sorry, I dont really understand your question/problem. I get you have a Motherboard with shot PS2 so you have replaced that board with one from the HP PC. After that I am lost.

3. ChrisHrobak

ChrisHrobak Private E-2

Bacause i would much rather use win xp than 7 for such a old board and dual core chip

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you tried a PS2 to USB adaptor ??? there really cheap.

5. ChrisHrobak

ChrisHrobak Private E-2

No i Havent. But looks like the amd board is newer than the board from the emachine. The emachine board i beleive is from 2006 and the HP board is aonly about 2 yrs old. My only issue is i only have about 1.5gb ram in the machine and win 7 seems a bit sluggish

6. zonkki

zonkki Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds