m4a audio question

Discussion in 'Software' started by bbrich, Mar 8, 2004.

1. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

hey all, just wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced .m4a audio formats? I have a few songs in that format and I want to burn them to a cd but I don't know a program that will allow me to do it...can you guys suggest a (free) program that would burn them to a cd or would be able to convert them to mp3 format? thanks in advance

2. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

thx for the quick reply robo, I can't seem to find if that divx player will burn the .m4a files to a cd? And if I can burn them to a disc, will it play in any normal cd player? That is my main concern involving this format...

3. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Winamp 5.02 can handle the files and with the Nullsoft disk writer plug-in, you should be able to output them to files that can be burned to a cd. It is not realy the best for music conversion but it's free and will work.

dbPowerAMP that is listed on the .m4a/mp4 page will convert the files to something that Nero or other buning programs can read, but you have to add the codec plugin from the plugins page. It is free.

Nero will burn mp4 files but it may not do .m4a, at least it is not on the file type list. Give Nero a shot if you have it. Don't use Nero Express, use the full Nero, create audio disc and drag the files to the left side. If Nero will accept them, It will test them and put them in the burn cue.

4. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

can you link me up to this plug in plz?

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Doesn't iTunes let you do this?

In any case, you can always convert the .m4a files to .wav and then burn the .wav files.

6. David983es

David983es Private First Class

It's part of Winamp 5.02, all you have to do is select it in the options/output plugins section. It is not the best choice though, great player but for conversion there are better program.

That's is the best way to do it if you want all freeware.

bbrich, using dBPowerAmp, with the proper plugin from the dBPowerAmp Codec Page, you can convert to PCM (uncompressed) wav file then use most any burning program to create an audio cd.

The CD Writer that is on the same page as the Music converter is shareware with a 30 trial period. With the codec plugin for dBPowerAmp, the writer will burn an audio cd with m4a files.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  7. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

thanks for your help guys, I'll defintely look into that program David, thanks again

8. Callea

Callea Private E-2

Hi!
    I have a free version of Real One Player. It also burns audio CDs. When I wanted to play m4a for the first time, Real One automatically downloaded needed codec.

9. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

m4a is Apple's AAC codec. A lot of CD burning programs will process m4a format files. Nero, Musicmatch, Real, iTunes (of course), Nero, and Roxio do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds