Machine to Machine Messaging?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ExOxE, May 3, 2013.

1. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a solution to my current problem, I have recently installed Windows 8 on every laptop in my home, my wifes and my kids, and ofcourse my own, I ofcourse have installed Pro, My wifes has Pro + MCE, and the kids have the stock version of Windows 8...

And I am trying to find out if Windows 8 contains an application, or if their is a decent application available for download, that I can install on every machine so I can send a direct message through to the wife, or the kids, sort of like how MSN Messenger used to work or ICQ, except I just want it for the PC's here in the house, and want to be able to send a message from my machine, directly (And Privately) to my wifes machine, so it pops up on her screen whenever I send her something and vice versa, without having to have her or the kids needing to log into something on system start up and signing into anything to get it working, I want to be able to have the option of sending an immediate message through to them from the time windows loads, without requiring and program sign in, etc

Does Windows 8 (Any Version) have any inbuilt software capable of doing this, or allow a PC to PC connection to directly talk?

Kindest Regards,

David

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

GTalk will do what you are seeking to do, provided all members of your household have a Google account:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Google_Talk_d4747.html

Checked here at Major Geeks but didn't find the one below called ShixxNOTE, so here is the link to the program download site:

http://www.shixxnote.com/

I found high praise for ShixxNOTE. Users claim they can't live without it after using it for some time. Sorry I haven't tried this. Just taking a jab at it with a Google search...

Some comments I found on attached to an article about messaging programs:

3. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

AtlBo,

You are an absolute LEGEND, ShixxNote is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, its absolutely brilliant and perfect, and to top it off, it is fully customizable, from the message window colors, down to fonts and other features, it is unreal, I love it, I never thought I would find exactly what I have been hunting for, all thanks to you!

Please, let me know if I can somehow return the favour! All of you Major-Geekers have been fantastic to me over the years! I really do appreciate it!

Kindest Regards,

Davo

4. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

No problem ExOxE. Glad you got what you were looking for...

I'll be looking into ShixxNote myself soon enough based on your comment and the comments of other users I have seen

:major

5. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Head on over to the MG Lounge, drop off several boxes of Chocolate Donuts. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds