Macrium Reflect Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roboman123, Jun 13, 2016.

1. roboman123

roboman123 Private E-2

I am using Macrium Reflect, v6.1.1311 to make a backup image of my disk. I am getting the following error:

Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot find this error in their help section. There are no issues with the VSS logs. I have an ASUS 56 laptop using Windows 7 (64 bit). Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    Rob

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you have looked very carefully in your system's Windows Events Viewer, and you are sure there are no VSS log errors, you are best submitting a direct support ticket to Macrium as advised towards the end of this thread:
    http://forum.macrium.com/Topic1215.aspx

3. roboman123

roboman123 Private E-2

Thanks, Max.

One thing I noticed (and forgot) was that I set my computer to power down the hard drive after 30 minutes of 'inactivity.' As I was monitoring the software perform for a second time, I noticed the powering down of the screen and hard drive. When I powered it back on, the first thing I noticed was the throughput rate to write to the backup drive was 0 Mbps, then increase. So Windows did not recognize the software running and powered off the hard drive, possibly explaining the unique error code. Something to keep in mind for future reference.

Cheers.
    Rob

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

OK Rob, so probably best to turn off any power down setting when doing a back up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds