Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 5.3.7290 Install problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by imcaf_fl, Jun 2, 2015.

1. imcaf_fl

imcaf_fl Private E-2

Hi...

I searched for this program on the site using the title search:
    64-bit Macrium Reflect Free
    Downloaded it and attempted to install. The message I received was:
    "You are attempting to run the 32-bit installer on a 64-bit version of Windows"

This is the execute command prompt that was downloaded:
    reflect_setup_free_x86.exe

From this Page:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/macrium_reflect_free_edition.html

Am I in the wrong location for this? ... or is the link bad? I run Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

Thanks, in advance for your help,
    Cher :cool

Oh, and I tried all of the links provided - 2 for MajorGeeks & one for the Manufacturer.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Apparently, it's only available in a 32-bit version. But, it should run fine using Windows "WOW 64" which allows 32-bit apps to run on 64-bit systems and is built into the 64-bit Operating System.

3. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

There is a 64-bit version available for Macrium Reflect.

If you download the installer reflectdl.exe from the developer's site, it will detect that you have a 64-bit version OS.
    There is a link on the Major Geeks download page.
    When you run the downloader, be sure you have Free/Trial software selected and Free in the selection list box.

The install file should be named reflect_setup_free_x64.exe with the version number as a prefix.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds