Maddening Security Warning Popup About Webpage Content

Discussion in 'Software' started by Coco Beans, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Coco Beans

Coco Beans Private E-2

Help! I'm a technology impaired student short on sleep and (haven't slept in about 24hrs so I hope this is coherent, ha ha) and need help with this. I am an online student and everytime I navigate to a different page of my schools site, I get a windows security popup. It also happens when I go to my gmail page and a few others, but it's EVERY page on my school site. I tried fiddling with the trusted zones/sites thing in Internet Options > security settings but nothing happened. I have IE8, XPhome, service pack 3 if any of that makes a difference. I need to do some stuff to speed my computer up (it's getting bogged down in the last week for some reason) but these stupid security pop ups are driving me mad. Any help at all will be so greatly appreciated! THANK YOU! Below is exactly what the message says:

Security Warning

Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?

This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Coco Beans

Coco Beans Private E-2

OH, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! That thing was driving me nuts! Isn't it funny how so many of us own these machines but only know enough to bumble around online and find Major Geeks? ha ha Thanks!

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Your welcome. If you have any additional problems, there are always people available here to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds