made changes in bios...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Teri, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Teri

Teri Private E-2

Hi there ~
    I've got a computer question, and since it's a little over my head... there's a good chance my explanation will make little sense to the readers. But I'll give it a shot. ;)

My computer was recently having issues, and finally it said, upon reboot, that it was not able to locate Windows.. and gave me 4 or 5 options (such as, 'safe mode' and 'use last known good configuration') - none of which worked, no matter what I did.

This is at my store, and a customer came behind the counter and went into the Bios and told me as his last option, he would load only fail safe items. He took that option, we rebooted and it worked. I can't even tell you how grateful I was.

However, since that day last week, I have been unable to print. The printer is still shown when I go into the control panel, but won't print when I try to use it - it's like it's not recognizing that it's there. (Also ~ Norton won't scan or update now, although I could probably just re-install, so that's no biggie.)

Since then, I've started & restarted many times just normally, so I'm assuming it's no longer only loading the fail safe items (?). But given the problem I'm having, that may not be the case.
    Any input as to what I should try?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this <long> post. :)
    Teri

2. simonk

simonk Corporal

try reloaded the driver for the printer and see if that works

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Go into the Bios and make sure the printer port hasn't been disabled.

Once you have established that then you can look elsewhere if it's still not working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds