Magical Disappearing Threads ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by rustysavage, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Yesterday I responded to a thread entitled something like "Can't use HTTP or FTP"
    The OP sounded legitimately distraught, posted a cryptic scattered request, and included no links. A few long-time posters had already posted replies. The next response from the OP was even more cryptic and frazzled sounding (again contained no links) so I suggested that we do things one step at a time and gave them some simple boilerplate instructions for uninstalling a program. That was late last night. Today the thread is gone and MG search failed to locate the thread. Wazzup wit dat?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

No idea. Haven't heard of the issue from anyone either. :confused

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

We only hard delete spam.

I am not seeing it in your history either, so....

No idea what happened. Possibly another forum?

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

rusty isn't dreaming - I read that thread but didn't post.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Who posted it?

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Pass?

Fine. No point in me investigating further then. I don't have time for games.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
  8. rustysavage

I didn't catch the user name; it was a first time poster. Anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not a member of any other forum and I can distinctly remember typing it out. It sounded like a kid, a panicky overwhelmed kid who lost internet connection. I checked my posting history and couldn't find it either. Hey, I remember that the MG member who's avatar is a dog looking out a car window.... he posted in that thread too. Oh well, "We live in an imperfect world.... screws fall out all the time" - John Bender "The Breakfast Club"

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  9. rustysavage

brownizs, that's who it was. If brownizs didn't post to the mystery thread then I need to be medicated for psychosis.

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I checked his history as well...just not finding it. Even soft deleted material shows up for me, and Earthling wants to play games so...my apologies, I cannot shed any further light on the issue.

It is possible that it was someone who wasn't allowed to be here due to breaking rules, or signing up for a new account after being banned. Those accounts and their posts will disappear without a trace when found. Gonna have to chalk this one up to the bermuda triangle swallowing it ;)

For future reference, please PM one of the moderators with questions like these so that we can keep things on topic in the software forum. Closing this one up as it isn't really software issue.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds