Major Attitude Please Read

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdonah, Sep 21, 2013.

1. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

In your "Stickies" about supplying information about the users' computers, you recommend using Belarc Advisor — an excellent program.

The only issue is the fact that Belarc, like Speccy, publishes Product Keys in it's report (near the end).

Please modify the "Sticky" to advise people to remove those Serial Numbers/Product Keys to prevent an unscrupulous person from using them — you had, in fact, deleted a post because the person posted Product Keys and just today, I viewed another post (post #3) with the Belarc report and Product Keys listed.

Thank you. :)

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

MA has updated the post.

Thanks.:)

3. mdonah

LauraR,

He needs to update the same sticky in the Hardware Forum as well. Thanks. :)

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I copy and pasted his changes to the Hardware thread. :)

5. oma

oma MajorGeek

Am I reading this wrong? Should it not be: Be careful, don't reveal your product keys?

6. mdonah

Thanks for posting this in both the Software AND Hardware Forums. Yeah, it must have been a "Freudian Slip".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds