Major Geeks & FireFox Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by BCGray, Oct 9, 2006.

1. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Just out of curiosity has anybody had this problem with Major Geeks and FireFox:- My Major Geeks Username stayed, but my password disappeared from FF, so I cleared the cache in FF and came back to MG and signed in, but the box that pops up to say do you want to say this password does not work on the MG site, and does on others. As MG is my home page that means I have to sign in every time I come to MG

I have wanted to try Opera as many others here use it and like it, so I have and do like its smaller footprint and features, but would still like to know what caused my problem with FF. I will go to FF forums and see if I can get it straighten out, but am just curious if anybody else has had the same problem???

2. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

I use Firefox and have not had this problem. I type in username and password and click on remember me.
    The only time I have to type it again is when I use CCleaner

3. netsurfer

netsurfer Private First Class

I don't have any problems either, I don't even have to re-type my password in after the use of CCleaner.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

For all you CCleaner users, you can configure CCleaner NOT to erase Majorgeek's cookies, meaning you never have to log in again after running the cleaner. Here's how:

1. Log in to Majorgeeks Support Forums
    2. Open CCleaner
    3. Hit ctrl+o (or click the 'Options' button)
    4. Select the 'Cookies' section
    5. Under 'Cookies To Delete' select 'forums.majorgeeks.com'
    6. Press the '->' button

Now, whenever you run the cleaner, you will not have to log into majorgeeks again. This works fantastically for almost any site you want to stay logged into.

@BCGray - I've ALWAYS had this problem. I don't think it's a problem with Firefox, rather just how Majorgeeks is designed. The text fields must be of a different sort. The webmaster can cause them to not be recognized as password fields by your browser.

5. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Thanks Mada MIlty.

6. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Getting use to Opera over the past day and probable won't go back to FF and haven't had the time to check with the FF folks Mada, but I never had that problem with MG before yesterday, and if it is a MG problem with FF like it has been for you. There are alot of FF people that use MG and it is a PITA to have to key in your "User Name & Password" ever time.

Anyway Opera seems to be working fine, a few quirks compared to FF, but the main thing is I can get to MG without "keying in". I also like Opera's small footprint 7.5MB versus FF's 18.7MB, some say it is faster, but I honestly can't say that yet, and I haven't yet figured what the heck "Widgets" are but getting there.

Thanks to the rest for your input, seems Me and Mada are the only ones that are affected, hey Mada maybe its because were both "Canucks":)

7. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Just an update, checked with the FFforum and found this link http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password ran it and FF remebered the Username Password even after CCleaner is run, which I run everday.............Just to let anyone out there that had the same problem........Oh and by the way if any of you have FF problems I can not recommend their forum site enough, great resource and it is in your FF bookmarks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds