Major Geeks New Software1st Day Downloads

Discussion in 'Software' started by meanmotherusa, Apr 25, 2011.

1. meanmotherusa

meanmotherusa Private E-2

4-25-11:

I Don't Come Here Often-Why! 1st Day New Software-- Every time I Do Download New Software It Crashes Or It Ends Up 75% Download Or It Downloads (Corrupted) Still Will Not Install---Even Happens Friends On Other Computers ?

Latest Download Today F ---Up: Advance Windows System Care Beta 4.0!

I Use: CNET-File Hippo-Softpedia-Whomever -It Installs If I Pause
    Or Save It---Come Back On Internet Later DAY---It Downloads...

Appears Major Geeks 1st Get New Software But Years Later It Still Same Problems... I 've Read Responses From Other Reviewers !

Thank You Your Response--It Makes No Difference Who/What Down Loader I Use...

Vincent Auto...

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Sounds like an issue with your system. No one else is having issues with downloads. Be aware that some malware can block you from downloading.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

This is a problem with your system.

You have posted pretty much this exact same post twice prior to this one. You have gotten responses both times and not once have you replied.

Do not continue to post this problem unless you are willing to respond to those that take the time to post in your thread.

As TimW said, this is not a problem with Major Geeks downloads...it is a problem with your computer. If you would like to get help with issue, that would be great, but you will need to post more information.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I used to have the same problem with downloading programs over a certain size when I was on dial-up.
    Thank goodness I switched to cable.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and service pack you using?
    What browser are you using and its version (can find this is the broswers help > about menu)?
    What Security software do you have installed and please name all software relating to Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Malware etc?

What sort of internet service are you using, dialup or broadband?
    Do you use any download managers, if so please name them?

I have downloaded this Advance Windows System Care Beta 4.0! aforememtioned file and downloads and installs fine, I'm on Broadband with Win7x64 and IE9, but tested it also in XP SP3 with IE9.

We can help you but you need to help us also trace the cause, and as Laura memtions please lets try and resolve this in this thread alone, so do not start new ones as they will be deleted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds