Major Issues, Need Advise

Discussion in 'Software' started by Levithon_Pk, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Levithon_Pk

Levithon_Pk Private E-2

Ok this has been an adored site by me for along time and i would think alot of people around here kinda no about computers so i ask u take a couple mins to read this and see if u can give me any advise

Ok it went like this, I got this new virus that was traveling though aim (my roomie clicked the link in somones away message) and i new it was a virus/trojan/worm as soon as i seen it happen so i did alittle reserch on it to see if i could get rid of it but i didnt get far.. i found a few virus's there where like it but none of them seemed to be the right one.. it seemed the virus was so new that not many people or anti virus's no what it was yet.. what it did was put my up on away message maybe once a day when i was sleeping and a few of my friends ended up clicking the link also.. it never seemed to act up much.

Over there few weeks that it stayed hidden inactive in everyones computer i learned a few things about it.. it ran in running processes somwhere though i could never figure out which one it was..

It actived its self everytime u get online.. if u never got online it acted liek it wasnt there

It made my compter so i couldnt open the end task window or run the msconfig they both just opened and closed instanly.

So i figured i would post around asking if people new anything about this new virus and mean while the virus decided to kick into high gear.. as soon as u got on aim it would put you on a away message with the virus like every 30 secs.. and what i found weird was it put everyone on away message at the exact same time no matter when they got online or when they got the virus..
    this started to anoy me very fast so i ran every program known to man to get rid of it and i came up with nothing.. so i got fabertoys and ended all the processes that i didnt no and it stopped.. but everytime i restarted comp it did it again.. i tryed to get it to tell me the location of the process files but it would open up the folder and it woulnt find anything i even checked hidden files.. ending processes worked about 4-5 times and then i restarted and it just wouldnt get online anymore and it started taking liek 3 mins to start up when it only took about 45 secs normally..

At this time i figured what the hell ill format i dont care if i lose half my stuff.. so i formated the drive.. when i did this i found it kinda wierd that there was an 8mb sector that it wouldnt let me add to my drive.. everytime i repartitioned it would leave that 8mb sector out i couldnt even format it.. so then i just continued i installed windows and all my drivers and got online and bam 3 little command promp windows popped up and closed real fast before i could read them.. as soon as this happened my computer is back to being screwwed. (i did try to reformat and instal windows TWICE and got this same thing both times) here are some of the things that it does..

1. Takes 3 mins to start up
    2. dsl runs at about 1kb
    3. Task Manager Dosnt Open
    3. msconfig dosnt open

this seems to be the same effects as the virus i had BEFORE i formated.. is this possible?1 ive never seen somthing that complex that it would stay on your computer though a format..

So does anyone have ANY idea what i can do about this.. im ussally really good with computers but this virus has beat me.. so any help would be VERY much appricated. Thanks for your time

Ps. while writing this i got disconnected for internet and when i reconected i got the same command prompt pop ups and as far as i could read was they where running from my system32 folder

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Pretty common form of spyware and\or a trojan (same thing) in this case. My suggestion would be to follow the spyware tutorial making sure you get a full virus and trojan scan from safe mode:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

If you get nowhere, I suspect you might want to post your symptoms as briefly and precise as possibly in the spyware forum including what you did per this thread. We may need a Hijack This log at that point, but not until asked, but heres what you will need at that time:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38752

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds