Major Panda Internet Security 2007 Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by starryknight2005, Feb 21, 2007.

1. starryknight2005

starryknight2005 Private E-2

I just bought Panda Internet Security 2007 Platinum and installed it per the instruction booklet. Right away, it prevented me from connecting to the internet. I disable it, and then I could connect. I went to their website and found the FAQ's, one question related to my problem. They suggested uninstalling the version I just installed and reinstalling an updated version from their website. I went to start/programs and found the Panda uninstall feature and clicked it. I then restarted my computer. I then went and tried to install the updated version but I got a message saying that a previous uninstall was performed without restarting and wouldn't allow me to install the new version. I then went to the control panel, add/remove programs, found the Panda program and tried to uninstall it from there but it wouldn't let me. Now I have a program I can't get completely off the computer so I can install the new version. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. rtracy

rtracy Private E-2

Did you ever get this problem solved? I'm having a similar problem. I removed my old version and after installing Panda Internet Security 2007, I get the error webproxy.exe - unable to locate componet and pavipc.dll not found. This happens when I try to access the internet. I'm getting desperate for some help.

Tracy

3. starryknight2005

starryknight2005 Private E-2

rtracy,

Alot has happened since I posted this a few weeks ago. I emailed Panda support and they suggested a few things. They gave me a link to a program that completely uninstalled the version on my computer:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/resources/sop/UNINST_v1011.exe

Then they gave me a link to the newest version on their website:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/tree/?idIdioma=2

They also told me to clear the temp folder using these instructions:

1) click on "start", then "run"
    2) type "%temp%"
    3) in the window that comes up, select all entries and then delete them.

Also looking through my past emails to Panda Support, I found the following email response from them:

"Please click on the following link to view the instructions on how to reset your wireless warnings for the Platinum 2007. This is in case you have blocked an intrusion attempt by your own network and are experiencing difficulties getting online":

http://www.pandasecurity.com/techsupport/templates/pl07wifi.htm

"Please click on the following link to view the instructions on how to reset your Winsock settings":

http://www.pandasecurity.com/techsupport/templates/winsockfix.htm

I went through these exercises several times but still had off-and-on connection problems. It got to the point that I couldn't get connected whether the Panda software was active or not. Eventually I called Verizon and we went through some tests with the modem. They came to the conclusion that I needed a new modem as the one I had was not putting out an IP address. I don't know if all these problems corrupted the firmware in the modem or not. I received the new modem and installed it but was still not able to connect. Needless to say, I was very frustrated. So, since I don't keep alot of stuff on my computer in the first place, I decided to use the hard drive utility disk and zero out the hard drive and reinstall everything. I figured there was probably alot of corrupted files that may be contributing to my problems. It took me a few hours to do this but now everything seems to work fine.

One thing I did notice was when I reinstalled Windows XP, it installed Service Pack 1. The Panda software worked fine with that. I then got on the Windows download site and downloaded SP2. When I tried to connect to the internet, I couldn't. Here we go again, I thought. Then a Panda window popped explaining the problem, which I don't remember but had to do with allowing permissions?? or something like that. I chose the bottom option which allowed the Panda software to make that decision. Now things seem to be ok (for now).

I know this seems like a lot and you may not want to go to my extreme but try the links and programs Panda supplied to me and see if it works for you. Hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds