Major Problem Key Partitions MIA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rik_na, Feb 15, 2007.

1. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

So I my computer wont boot up. It gets to the CD stage and asks for the OS disk which I provide. I get to the install OS section and there are no partitions and about 70meg of space left. This is VERY worrying as I have two partitions, one with the OS on and one with critical unbacked up [long story] data. I dont give a straw about the os, but I must retrieve the missing data from the second partition which did not have the OS on. What are my options? How can I make the comptuer see the partitions long enough to reinstall the OS and get the data back?

2. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

Forgot to add, using XP Pro.

3. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

Right, so I have set the drive as a slave to another drive with os, and run a few partition programs. It just keeps telling that there is 32 gb unallocated, which is rubbish given this is a 40gb drive with 20gb in use, and does not show any partitions. I really need any advice on how I can recover the lost partitions and retrieve my data.

4. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

Right so solutions: I have dropped a bit money and bought a new 160 gig drive and I am planning to move as much data across from the old drive using http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/index.htm So anyone out there know how I could have the same thing without shelling out lots of notes?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds